A familiar face recently returned to Westchase District. From 2007 to 2017, Mark Hubenak served as public safety director for the District and has rejoined to continue that role. Before he first joined Westchase District, Hubenak served as a loss prevention director for the Houston Marriott Westchase and Westchase Hilton. In that role, Hubenak became very familiar with the Westchase District Patrol. A certified OSHA safety trainer and certified fire warden, Hubenak has received Homeland Security training and Harris County’s Citizen Emergency Response Training.
“Mark put in place a strong track record of recruiting qualified patrol officers, creating community engagement programs for our stakeholders, and reacting to crime statistics/reports,” said Dave Gilkeson, Westchase District’s vice president and chief operating officer. “We are excited to have him back,” said Gilkeson. “He will lead our public safety program to a higher level. He is a consummate professional.”
During Hubenak’s previous tenure, he led the District to recognition and awards while earning professional achievements:
WD Public Safety program & Professional Recognition:
- Outstanding Corporate, Business Award from the Texas Crime Prevention Association – 2012
- Recognized for Excellence in Public Safety and Crime Prevention by the City of Houston – 2011
- Recognized for Outstanding Community Service in Crime Prevention by the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office – 2011
- Outstanding Crime Prevention Specialist, Texas Crime Prevention Association – 2012
- Outstanding Crime Prevention Manager, Texas Crime Prevention Association – 2010
- Volunteer of the Year, Houston West Chamber of Commerce Public Safety Committee – 2010
Hubenak has served on boards and committees for Crime Stoppers of Houston; City of Houston, Public Safety Advisory Committee; Houston Police Department Advisory Committee; and was Crime and Public Safety Co-Chair of West Houston Leadership Institute.